Hazelburn 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 750ml
Hazelburn is a triple distilled single malt produced at the Springbank distillery in Campbeltown. Once viewed as the Victorian Whisky Capital of the world, this small town on the Kintyre peninsula has been home to more than thirty distilleries over the years, though today all but three are lost to the mists of time.
Part of the Hazelburn core range, this is a 10 year old bottling of Hazelburn single malt Scotch whisky from the Springbank distillery in the Campbeltown region. It is triple distilled, matured in bourbon casks, and bottled at 46% ABV.
First released in 2014, this is the first bottling of Hazelburn at 10 years of age. Hazelburn is Springbank’s triple-distilled, unpeated single malt.
Hazelburn is one of three styles of whisky produced at Springbank, known for being triple distilled and unpeated, whereas Springbank single malt is distilled two-and-a-half times and is lightly peated, and Longrow single malt is twice distilled and heavily peated.
Arguably the most successful of the town’s three remaining distilleries is Springbank. Founded in 1828, this family-owned distillery currently produces three distinct varieties of single malt. 80% of the liquid distilled goes towards the main Springbank range, whilst the remaining 20% is split between two very different brands. The first, Longrow, is a double distilled, heavily peated single malt whilst Hazelburn is made from unpeated barley and is one of the few malts in Scotland to be triple distilled, a process more commonly associated with the whiskey of Ireland.
Toffee apples, fresh honey, and fragrant pears. Hints of vanilla.
Good mouthfeel paired with bright notes of vanilla and Crunchie bars. More lively fruit notes underneath.
Oily and sweet on the finish.
Early evening dramming, this one. Relaxed and flavorsome.